If you want to have an incredibly successful, vibrant, long-lasting career, then please- there is no need to be a 100 percenter. All you need to be is a 5 percenter. Here’s why. I’ve just returned from the Cannes Creativity Festival. I paid my own way. No pointy end plane trip and five star hotel paid by a cosy corporate master. Just me. Backing myself. The reason I’m doing it is because of that secret to career longevity and success. Do this, and thrive. Here it is:
Tag Archives | leadership
Fear, doubt, uncertainty, self-criticism. That’s how it feels. Leadership can suck. That’s why I am putting my hand up for this. And you can too.
Today I am asking you, from my heart, to spend $1.98. You’ll be helping a charity, supporting one of the world’s good guys, and you’ll receive two gifts that could make a massive difference to you. Read on.
Michael Bunting is a leadership and mindfulness guru. He’s also a beautiful person in every sense, with a big heart and a desire to help people live happier, more fulfilling lives and careers. The good news for all of us is that Michael is publishing two books- and for TODAY only, these are available for $0.99 cents a copy.
Read on for more details of this amazing offer- and why I will match with a donation to charity the value of ever order you make.
You need to be cheeky to do this, and brave. Do it well, and you’ll accelerate towards success. Some won’t like this approach. So be it. It works, and I love it.
I am in Cape Cod tonight, having just finished dinner with Artist Steve. Three years ago he was a failed marketing guy. Unemployed. He spent his time painting seascapes. Someone saw his work, and bought a painting. Steve had an idea. He rented a gallery in the main street. Put up a sign: “Artist Steve- Cape Cod’s Newest Art Sensation” (or something like that). He sent paintings to a friend who had bookshops in Berlin and Amsterdam. “Now exhibiting across Europe” the banner triumphed across the gallery window. Steve sold $600,000 in paintings last year. Sure- he has talent, and now has ‘fame’ momentum. Most importantly, he did what many successful people have done. He had the nerve to….:
’ve been a thief, have claimed credit for things I have not done, lie, harbour resentments, and am easy prey to addictions (smoking the worst). I tell you this because I want you to be brutally honest with yourself about who you really are. Are you brave enough to do it?
If you want to make a Greek misty eyed, just say: ‘Philotomo.’ It’s a powerfully evocative yet subtle word, symbolising courage, generosity, duty, honour, empathy, humility. It derives from filos, friend, and timi, honour. It’s about giving to others without wanting anything back for yourself, except perhaps love and appreciation.
I’m not Greek. Sometimes I wish I was. Philotomo is a way of behaving which I have struggled all my life to evolve and build in to my nature. We call it ‘character.’ It’s the essence of who we are. Here’s how you can constantly ‘check in’ with what your true character is, at this very moment in your life:
You know what your real character is by what you do when no-one is watching.
There was a disaster on the mountain K2 a few years back, where a large number of climbers were killed. A survivor outlined his perception of what caused the tragedy. It was a simple truth that lives every day in our business lives, and beyond. It’s not for sharing. You absolutely HAVE to do it alone. Here it is.
Several groups of climbers, of various nationalities, had ended up at the same point at the same time on the climb to the summit of K2, one of the highest peaks in the world. Huddled together that night, they agreed to continue the last stage to the top as one group. They split up and shared the responsibilities amongst the teams. That sealed their fate. The next day, a series of simple mountaineering sacrosanct rules were broken, and many climbers plunged to their deaths.
What went wrong? Simply this:
Thank you for subscribing!
Thank you for subscribing!
- My Challenge To You: Your Life In Six Words-Up for It? September 25, 2012
- What Happened This Week When They Found A Tumor In My Throat September 18, 2012
- The Real Reason I Quit My C-Suite Job March 24, 2015
- What The Media Tycoon Told Me About Building Success September 30, 2014
- Why Being Romeo Sucks November 24, 2015
- Louise O\'Brien: Apparently Bill Gates and Warren Buffett were in a...
- Chris Savage: Never too late to get the message, Sandra!!! Chris...
- Sandra Renowden: Oh god Chris, if only I had read this post last ni...
- Chris Savage: Thanks Mike...
- Chris Savage: Wow thanks Clare- you are certainly on my Christma...
- A Cool Cat’s Diet For A Better Future https://t.co/fn8uE4S3q6 10 hours ago
- 11 Visual Storytelling Tools and How They’ll Help Your Content Marketing https://t.co/bJvRXJI12h 12 hours ago
- Why I Want You To Play In The Traffic https://t.co/Z7bKQeoLmM 14 hours ago
- The Secret Of High Performance https://t.co/PvJ9eeKVjM 18 hours ago
- Why A Good Waxing Saves Careers https://t.co/ClTRpFtENK 22 hours ago